Extreme Snowatcher
    Blog Entries

I'm told one can roll Amex points into Krisflyer and redeem only 80,000 points for a AirNZ or United flight to Oz to San Francisco return. Given that 80k is far less than Velocity's 94k and Qantas Freq Flyer's 96k for a return flight to San Francisco, have any of you done this Krisfler redemption for an Oz-US-Oz flight. Or for a flight to Japan or Europe?For 3 of us, 80k vs 95k = a saving of 45k which almost equals a one way free trip to the US in later years. I like to drive my dollar further.
    The Frog is a Prince

TB

One comment. Check expiry dates, lost my Kris Flyers (and I had a few) cause they expired.

Extreme Snowatcher
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by TB:
    One comment. Check expiry dates, lost my Kris Flyers (and I had a few) cause they expired.
    Ah, but leave the Amex points in Amex til you transfer them to Krisflyer for (if this idea works) redeeming them in days for AirNZ or 16,000 less points than Qantas would want for its usual 96,000 ret flt to/from the USA.
    The Frog is a Prince

TB

Blonde-Didnt you have to trf Amex by 31 mar?? Or was this a Qantas only thing?

Extreme Snowatcher
    Blog Entries

Don't worry TB, peroxide is harmless.

Re Amex, I'm led to believe (and I assume this works, but I haven't done it) your old points bypass Qantas' dastardly plan. Briefly, the points would be transferred at a time of your choosing from Amex to Krisflyer/Singapore Airlines. The Amex points are now Krisflyer popints. Then, via Krisflyer, you book seats on Singapore's 'partners' like Qantas and AirNZ.

So my question is: that's the theory for saving 'old' points and getting 80,000 point return economy flts on Qantas (rather than the 94,000 points Qantas skrews us for), but has anyone succeeded? Afterall, its murder getting anything on Qantas in school hols in my experience so I ended up flying Vaustralia.
    The Frog is a Prince

Extreme Snowatcher
    Blog Entries

Hey Taxman, here tis in case it works.
    The Frog is a Prince

Thank you good sir, I'll keep it in mind for the World tour of Europe with V in Feb/March 2010.

[size="1"][ 17. June 2009, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Taxman ][/size]
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

AndDee

SQ redemption is pretty easy for up to about 6 seats in economy normally and at most times of the year.

Much easier than Qantas!