Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    karen97

Make sure you go on Soaring over California and if you like coasters, California Screamin' is one of the best ever!!

[size="1"][ 26.01.2009, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: karen97 ][/size]

Podlettte

sounds great Chunky

karen97

Start another thread in the OS forum Vet I am over the SPAM

SA

[img]graemlins/big_laugh.gif[/img] Got the irrits much, kaz?

ausi ski bum

Hey Chunky if you want to do the most exciting ride of your life go do the rides on the top of the Stratosphere in Vegas, they were so awsome we did them all again then returned that evening for more.

Every ride from now on in my life will be tame.

karen97

Originally posted by ausi ski bum:
    Hey Chunky if you want to do the most exciting ride of your life go do the rides on the top of the Stratosphere in Vegas, they were so awsome we did them all again then returned that evening for more.

The only one that made my hands sweat was the X Scream. I didn't ride Insanity. The coaster is lame

Extreme Snowatcher

Yeah they look scary. I might have to sacrifice my chance to look after the kids while +1 does them.
    Do it the snow way!

Extreme Snowatcher

[img]graemlins/big_laugh.gif[/img] OK, the big kids look like they are enjoying this just a tad too much!!!! [img]graemlins/big_laugh.gif[/img]

[size="1"][ 27.01.2009, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: Jahoota ][/size]
    Winter is here!

Extreme Snowatcher

Sounds like everyone's having a great time. Keep it comimg!
    -- Summer is just a short period of bad skiing --

Extreme Snowatcher

Hello Snowatchers!

Reporting in from a snowy and cold Bryce Canyon evening!

Day 3 - Day 2 at Disneyland but also our last. We headed over to Disneyland to do some of the rides we missed on the first day. Enjoyed the Indiana ride but it was very short for the wait but eh, it's Disneyland and I bet the crowds are a lot shorter than in summer. We then spent the afternoon in Disney California and while it was enjoyable lacked that 'Disney' atmosphere almost immediately once walking in.

The kids got to meet Alice in Disneyland!

Missy Moo was not sure if she liked the merry go round in Disney California. Certainly was petrified of the beautiful carousel in Fantasyland the previous day.

The downside to coming in winter. Disney California's water area is down for maintenance including the big wheel and Grizzly Peaks - I so wanted to try that one :(

And one of the highlights of the two days was the Pixar parade at Disney California, where they had all the Pixar cartoons come out. There were no parades in Disneyland sadly.

We unfortunately could not pick up our car for this trip until this evening as this had been our original flight day into the US before the V Australia delay. We could have hired for the extra two days but the car company wanted to rework the entire booking at the new exchange rate. Heading back to LAX and picking up our car, heading back to Anaheim and collecting children delayed our departure from the LA area until 9.30pm :( :( :( Hassle free drive but we were very tired from 3 pretty full on days.

We power napped in Baker before getting to check in at the Excalibur in Las Vegas at 3am. I remember +1 waking me up later that day and I was like ok let's do some breakfast. It was passed midday and even the kids including bubs had slept passed that time too.

[size="1"][ 30.01.2009, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: chunky ][/size]
    Do it the snow way!

Extreme Snowatcher

Day 4 - a delayed look around Las Vegas. We spent the afternoon and evening walking from the Excalibur down to Mirage Treasure Island to see the Sirens pirates show and missed it the 8.30pm show by 15 mins. The next one was going to be at 10.30pm and by now we had 4 very extremely tired kids again, including Melanie Moo, who has held up extremely well considering she has not had her meals at the right times every day nor has she had proper sleeps during the day.

We did however get to see the Chinese Dragon dance at the Bellagio to welcome in the Chinese New Year and well our first Show us your Snowatcher entry [img]smile.gif[/img] We even convinced the dragon, been watched by several thousands of people to stop by us and get a photo. Jasper was not too sure what to make him hence the apprehensive sort of look. They had also decked out the hotel in beautiful Chinese decorations.

And a scene looking from the Bellagio out across the lake.

Do it the snow way!

Extreme Snowatcher

Day 5. We visited Hoover Dam in the morning. I was happy to just walk over the dam and look at the overflow areas. I was actually more fascinated with the new bridge they are building just down from the dam.

This evening we went to a 'different' Cirque Du Solei called Zumanity. Umm, it is an adults only one and it misses on most of the acrobatic elements that these Circuses are famous for. It still had some amazing things done but well you got to see more of the performers than you normally do...
    Do it the snow way!

Xena

Originally posted by ausi ski bum:

US theme park rides do that to you! Dreamworld on the GC - pussy rides!

Xena

I love the Bellagio - so pretty - great shot btw!

Xena

Originally posted by chunky:
    Day 5. We visited Hoover Dam in the morning. I was happy to just walk over the dam and look at the overflow areas. I was actually more fascinated with the new bridge they are building just down from the dam.

This evening we went to a 'different' Cirque Du Solei called Zumanity. Umm, it is an adults only one and it misses on most of the acrobatic elements that these Circuses are famous for. It still had some amazing things done but well you got to see more of the performers than you normally do...
    Did you see Blue Man Group at Venetian? Kids would love that and so would you!

Snowatch Patroller

I reckon he must be skiing now because of the lack of day reports
    Whatever!

Advanced Snowatcher

Originally posted by chunky:

Ahh I wante dto see Zumanity - some of the female performers looked rather attractive
    In the end we saw "O" (the water show) as well as Phantom of the Opera - can't get enough of Phantom - best stage show ever...

Extreme Snowatcher

Snow shots are coming. Steamboat is just lovely. Our first real day here. Bluebird skies and nice snow

O was consistently mentioned as the best cirque show on the strip - even by the person who sold us the Zumanity tickets but it is also almost double the price.

I better not let +1 read your thoughts on Phantom kort - she loves that show.

Xena - no we did not have time but in order of must do's which we didn't do in the end were O and Blue Man. I also missed by a day Drew Carey - would have liked to have see him live.
    Do it the snow way!

Extreme Snowatcher

Will do another update (I am a bit behind) very soon [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Do it the snow way!

Extreme Snowatcher

Day 6 - we headed out of Las Vegas up to Zion National Park. The desert scenery is very pretty and sometimes the photos lack the awe and majesty of the place. Jasper was not well on the way up and we had to do some clean ups on the way up.

As you can see it was a bluebird day - not a cloud in the sky driving up.

Lunch in Springdale was very nice. What a backdrop to eat against. The town is the last before the entrance to the park.

Up above Zion we found a mini-gorge, which we took a tour through. It had a thin sheet of ice that had frozen over when there had been water in the creekbed. A much milder version of Maligne Canyon for those that know.

My friend then wanted to have us climb one of the many ridges found in the area. Let's just say we probably shouldn't have taken the kids and the way up was hard as seen in the photo. The way down - his easier way - was not. The shale was very crumbly and the cliff face was a lot higher. We did make it down in one piece.

Sunset/dusk shot along the road.

Do it the snow way!