Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ozgirl

I was just looking at the Evergreen ski school (Hakuba) for that exact reason Pods and they require you to have the certification first, they wont hire you without it.

Also they wont sponsor you. You need to get the visa yourself.. I have never looked at Japan to work so not sure how you get the visa. Anyone know if the have a working holiday visa?

[size="1"][ 19. August 2009, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: ozgirl ][/size]

Extreme Snowatcher

wow the flame gremlins are out today

[size="1"][ 19. August 2009, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Caboose ][/size]
    Mad Respect

ozgirl

Check out this webpage

http://www.apsi.net.au/page45.html

I can't find NISS to see what there hiring policy is.

But again I suppose it really depends on why SnowAnt wants to do the course? Is he hoping to get a job? or is he just doing it for fun?

Podlettte

what you talkin about caboose?

ozgirl

I thought he was talking about us Pods but i think he is talking about the 'meanies'

ozgirl

Nice website! Shame it didn't come up in my google search... it found other sites linking to it but not this site. They have done a lot of work on the site but they don't have their own domain name?

And the most important bit (for this thread) they dont have any hiring info.

Podlettte

what did you google? I googled NISS and it was the 5th link down [img]tongue.gif[/img] I think joo **** at google [img]graemlins/big_laugh.gif[/img]

ozgirl

Oh you are soooo funny missy

I actually googled 'NISS japan'... atempting to reduce responses. I beleive that is the best way to use google...

And I got results for the correct thing just not the correct website. And since I would think harmony resorts or whatever would be similar to the other website I found, I dont think i did too badly.

But fair call so score one to you Pods!

I used to work with someone (at an IT compnay of all places) who used to google the whole website.

ie she knew the website was www.snowatch.com.au she would actually open internet explorer, type www.google.com and then www.snowatch.com.au in the google search field. Every single time - whether she had visited that site previously or not.

It was very frustrating to watch - I tried explaining it to her once, didn't get very far - and i never actually saw her use google for the correct use.

Podlettte

[img]graemlins/big_laugh.gif[/img]

and the IT person probably did that so it wasn't a direct hit, I know out IT guy does that with facebook something to do with direct and indirect visits etc and popping up on the IT "hit list"

ozgirl

nope she wasn't in IT we just worked at an IT company - i think using google correctly should be a pre requisite to work at an IT company...

and people like this have jobs and i don't - it is a crazy crazy world.

Originally posted by ozgirl:
    I thought he was talking about us Pods but i think he is talking about the 'meanies'
    Oi, thats mean!
    *insert witty comment here*

Boardworld.com.au Owner rider26's Avatar

Originally posted by SnowAnt:
    [img]smile.gif[/img] .... glad a few of you got a laugh out of it

rider26.. is it possible to do CASI anywhere else? (Closer to Oz), like Japan/NZ/Australia
    No CASI is strictly the Canadian system. That said, every country has a similar association. In Australia it is the APSI.

http://www.apsi.net.au/

If you have any questions just let me know. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    BOARDWORLD | Snowboarding news, videos and forums | Facebook

Default Re: Chepest to become snowboard instructor

You can do them straight through the APSI or if you need a prep course you can do it through ELITE here in Australia. If you organise your own accommodation you can keep the price way down.