Extreme Snowatcher
    How many days till it snows again?

BlueHue

Hhmm is it too late to cancel US plans and head to the Europe?

I can't tell if its the angle on the photo or the all white background but that Japanese guy in the photo looks to have a fair bit of air going there, maybe a basketballer!

Intermediate Snowatcher

My +1 has been in Switzerland for 2 1/2 weeks and during that time it has dumped down. He was in Zermatt over Xmas (yes when there were severe avalanche warnings) and even the locals were saying that they hadnt seen this much snow at this time of the year for many many years. Conditions were rock hard ice at times though up the top due to re-freeze. He then moved onto Saas Fee and had a few powder days there including New Years Day which he said was the best riding day of his life.

So yes Europe is having a good season already. There is even bucketloads of snow near my rellies in northwest Germany around Munster and they dont get that much schnee generally.

(I am trying not to get too jealous and sad - had to stay at home due to horrible back pain flareup of epic proportions....but have to be positive and manage it).

Cant wait to see his pix - might convince him to post some in here...

Podlettte

wow, looks alright. Cheese, wine and snow what a great combo

im there in a couple of weeks, lightening round the world business travel though, snow is great for scenery , skiing ,but a pain in the neck for tight travel schedules.

Intermediate Snowatcher

So right - Skimax....the winter storms with as much snow as they have been bringing recently, certainly can stuff travel plans up. I was checking train and road connections from here for +1 while he was on the plane over and at one stage the trainline to Zermatt was cut in 2 places etc. Thankfully it all worked out although I did check the forecast for Zurich after reading that SMH story today (as he is flying home Friday) cos snow can mean mayhem for plane travel. Hope it all goes smoothly for you and snow only plays a scenic part in your travels!

thanks Schnee, unfortunately i may have to travel through both Heathrow and Ohare which as you know are 2 of the disaster airports if there is a weather disruption.
    Trying to avoid Heathrow and go via Frankfurt and Manchester .
    Munich is so purrdy with snow , looking forward to a few working days there !
    cheers.

quagmire

zi germans are comming!!