So, Lets start here. Stockli skis are expensive. Very expensive. 2017 Laser AX are $1600 with binding.
My 3 ski quiver (until last week) consisted of: Volkl Racetiger SL in 165. Fischer RC4 GS with 10mm race plate in 180 and a pair of crappy old rock hoppers.
I love the Volkls and Fischers but the RC4s are getting a bit too stiff for me and lack versatility. They are a pure GS race ski. The Volkls will pretty much go anywhere but struggle in the afternoon man made wet concrete.
I first got onto Stockli skis in Lermoos, Austria at new year. I hired a pair for a couple of days.They blew me away. Effortless skiing in all conditions. These were a 2016 Laser AX in 175. Since then i've been looking around for a used pair. Bottom line, there are none.
On a recent trip to Jindabyne I popped into Freds at Nuggets crossing (Australia's only Stockli distributor) and lo and behold a pair of 2015 AR's (Predecessor to the AX - All mountain race). These were an ex demo pair and I bought them and ski'd them all week.
First the AX: Snappy, stiff, fast and with vice like edge hold brilliant in all conditions and seem to change flex depending on the type of snow. Off piste or in powder or crud they ski like a soft backside ski. Absolute magic. big sweet spot and forgiving.
The 2015 AR: Slightly softer but only just. They have a thin rubber layer in the tail that softens the back in soft snow making cruising the crud effortless. On the piste they spring from the tail and across the fall line like the Volkls. I took them through fresh, groomed, windpack and wet crud and they absolutely ate it all up. Smaller sweet spot and they spit you out if you get lazy. LOVE THEM.
So, my mate bought a new pair of 2017 AX Lasers and we traded the RC4s for a couple of hundred dollars off.
I am now a total convert to Stockli skis.... But I still love my Racetigers. Old rockies went in the bin.
So, If you have some cash, are a good skier and want effortless skiing in ALL conditions get yourself some Stockli AX Lasers.

dave