First up excellent in every way, friendly helpful staff, clean, quiet and very comfortable rooms, with plenty of space to move around.

A couple of very small problems I found were like most Japanese rooms, there is no drawers to put your socks and underwear so they all went on a shelf in the cupboard, the room we were in was the very last one at the end of a long hallway and up on the 5th floor, so the WiFi dropped in and out so often that you couldn't even get emails, but they have LAN facilities in the room and the front desk loaned me a LAN cable for the duration, which came in very handy as the online shop went crazy while I was away.

The nightlife is a little lacking if you want to party hard, there is a bar with happy hour every night from 5pm to 6pm where drinks were around 300 yen even the cocktails and spirits, the bar had live music each night.

We had meal vouchers for breakfast and dinner every day, this gave us the chance to eat out at one of 6 different places, ranging from, Italian, French, German, Japanese, and a BBQ self cooking place, for both dinner and breakfast you could eat as much as you like, and we did, as we also skied hard all day, due to no lift ques even on the biggest powder days.

There is limited shopping for equipment but you get the common items easy enough.

The Hotel has a wave pool, a merry go round indoors, and various arcade games, they have a great Gym and of course an Onsen for males and females.

We could ski right back to the front door each night, but had to walk about 100mtrs from the front door to catch the first chair lift each morning.

Not that you have much choice at Rusutsu, but I would certainly stay there again next time.