Snowatch Owner & Snow Forecastor
    Blog Entries

Default If you could only ski/board on one run over and over this season which would it be?

For me it would be Supertrail at Thredbo from the top of Karels all the way to the bottom of the Kosi chair. (shown as the orange line on the below trail map).

Follow the Snow! snowatch.com.au

Blog Entries

Default Re: If you could only ski/board on one run over and over this season which would it b

After seeing the new cam at Perisher on the Excelerator I might have to change my pick, although I don't think the legs would last all day there.

Extreme Snowatcher

Default Re: If you could only ski/board on one run over and over this season which would it b

Hmmm hard choice - as I usually deviate off where it gets flat and then I rock back onto another run, pop out to the bottom.

I would start at the top of Karels but take off through the torrs, then down over into Basin bowl past the off shoot to Funnel Web and do a run down the stream to the top of Cannonball, onto True Blue then pop out onto the super trail.

Otherwise a BC run which I have managed 2 of in one day, snow was just too good. And no it was not Dead Horse Gap short run.

Hmm but then again, I have done a run from top of Kozi to the Red hut and would have done more if was not so late in the day.

Extreme Snowatcher
    Blog Entries

The Frog is a Prince

Extreme Snowatcher

I couldn't ski one run over and over all season (let alone all day) - I'd die of boredom!
    Winter is here!

Extreme Snowatcher

Any line from the top of Aiguille du Midi
    Oz, wide off Eyre, they have the best coffee on the mountain.
    -- Summer is just a short period of bad skiing --

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jahoota View Post
    I couldn't ski one run over and over all season (let alone all day) - I'd die of boredom!
    answer the question.

Advanced Snowatcher

Of the named runs it would be off Olympic dogleg PV down through Sun Valley or thereabouts. There are other similar magnets.

Extreme Snowatcher

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog View Post
    answer the question.
    alright. I'd have to concur with Swede's suggestion of wide of Eyre. Tho I am a sucker for high speed runs down Parachute at Guthega when its open and not sludgy
    Winter is here!

Im with Swede n hoots. Wide off Eyre around come back again. In fact on one snowy windless day Ive done just that :-)
    Parachute when the snow is good is also brilliant.

Advanced Snowatcher
    Blog Entries

Marys slide or Gotcha Ridge at hotham. Probably Gotcha ridge as there is a bit more variety to be had on the one run. Although dropping into Marys off the ridge is one hell of a rush

Advanced Snowatcher

Quote Originally Posted by Jahoota View Post
    me too.
    The max number of times we do the same run before changing to another for variety would have to be about 6.
    even if we only do 2 runs somewhere different then go back.
    and we rarely do the same line more than twice before changing lines on the run.
    Variety is the spice of sliding
    there is never enough snow

Extreme Snowatcher

Delirium Dive Sunshine Village.

This was out of bounds when I spent a season there but it now open to the public (with condition).

http://www.skibanff.com/sunshine-vil...freeride-zone/
    How many days till it snows again?

From the top of the interceptor chair down thru to Pleasant Valley and onto the Roller Coaster down to the Ridge Chair!

Extreme Snowatcher

In Aus the "trees".
    How many days till it snows again?

This is a question with a lot of if and buts in it.
    Firstly if: I presume it relates to just Australian resorts?
    Second if: Do you have to include the quality of the lift in it? [this being the case I would rule out Frog's run as it means a chair and two T bars to get to the top-if they ever remake Ramshead to go all the way to the top of Karels then it would be a different story-dream on]
    Third if: Are we presuming superb snow all season, if we are presuming normal conditions then the 'parachute run' people will be unhappy campers for 98.9% of the season.

For me, presuming it's Australia and including the lift and good snow, it would be Kosi chair then straight down under the chair hitting the True Blue/Little Beauty area to the bottom, lots of variety possible there, a good fast chair with the best vertical is Aus.
    Speaking of boredom and runs, I don't know if any of you use the 'Alpine Replay' app to track your skiing via your phone [a lot of fun to use as is 'Ski Tracks'] but the guy leading the vertical there, with 1,015k of vertical, seems to have spent months skiing one lift most of the season-The Sultan Express at Deer Valley.
    For the record I am 236 on the vertical leader board with 207k vertical which extends over 12 US resorts-I like variety!

Intermediate Snowatcher

Quote Originally Posted by mel77 View Post
    From the top of the interceptor chair down thru to Pleasant Valley and onto the Roller Coaster down to the Ridge Chair!
    ^ this

Extreme Snowatcher

Bluff of Kosci chair into the trees before popping out onto Trueblue.
    The Quote of 2010.......... "and we thought 1981 was a big snow year"

Advanced Snowatcher

Quote Originally Posted by mel77 View Post
    Yup me 2