Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    holo

ahem [img]graemlins/cold.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/woohoo.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/woohoo.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/woohoo.gif[/img]

SnowSnow

Ricky ponting is the worst captain ever. "We should have gone with Hauritz" wtf. he really doesn't like Stuart Clarke. He makes that pretty obvious. Just take a look at the at batting scorecard. I think Ponting needs to score a few more runs and take some more of the blame before he bags his bowlers.

Advanced Snowatcher

Ponting is a great batsman but as a captain he is truly average. His use of the bowlers he had at his disposal and field placings were very questionable. It seems he was content to let the Poms score boundary after boundary through poor field placement...........I am sure he has a strong influence on WHO gets selected each test - why Stuart Clark was left out for the 1st three tests still baffles me.

Shane Watson is still yet to convince me he has the technique to be a test opener. The fact he is missing straight balls and getting out LBW suggests some serious flaws with his bat not coming down straight or squaring up, etc.

SnowSnow

Totally agree kort. He as one of the best batsmen. But a truly poor captain.

Snowatch Owner & Snow Forecastor
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately our best captain never captained a Test match and was sitting in the commentary box, telling us how perplexed he was with the field placements and bowling changes.

I think the selectors should go first (but that won't happen) and Ponting should stand down. I think his batting will be better without the pressure. Michael Clarke bats better when he has responsibility and as shown inthe ODI and twenty20 he has a good cricket brain.

If we had Stephen Fleming as captain we wouldn't lose a match.

Hussey has to go also. Replace him with Brad Hodge who honestly has been hard done by getting dropped after scoring a double hundred. Hopefully Jaques or Hughes can make runs and Watson gets another injury so we can have a proper opener who can get hundreds and not fifties.
    Follow the Snow! snowatch.com.au

Advanced Snowatcher

Listening to Merv waffle on made me sick (he was on Foxsports 3)......could not admit his selection mistakes......Katich got out to a genuine arm ball and Merv says "to me it was an off spinner that didn't turn" - that is an arm ball Merv u f***** idiot...

I can't wait to hear how the selectors are going to spin this one......what "positives" can they out of the debacle that was Ashes 2009.

Hussey has saved his bacon for a few more matches....but he still displayed an uncertainty outside off stump.

I doubt Ponting will resign the captaincy. I think the only time he does that is the day he retires......I think the last time an Aussie captain relinquished the captaincy and stayed on as a player was Greg Chappell around 1981/82.

I'd like to see an XI along the lines of:
    1. Jacques/Hughes (I think Jacques deserves another chance)
    2. Katich
    3. Ponting
    4. Hussey (Hodge to replace if Hussey fails)
    5. Clarke
    6. North
    7. Haddin
    8. Johnson/Lee/Hilfenhaus/Siddle
    9. Krezja/Hauritz (still up in the air about this one)
    10. Clarke
    11. Johnson/Lee/Hilfenhaus/Siddle

No room for Watson - sorry but he was a short-term solution as opener, and his bowling right now is about as useful as Mitchell Johnson was at Lords.

Any other quicks going around perhaps? Can we recall Kasper and Bichel? [img]smile.gif[/img]