Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Donza

Title says it all.

I heard it was terrible. 6 cars involved.

Diversions in place.

:(
    stay safe

wet roads? :(

Podlettte

Very sad :(

not that far from where there was nearly a head on on sunday night, we watched it all unfold.

drive safely everyone and be patient.

Donza

Originally posted by Podlettte:
    Very sad :(

not that far from where there was nearly a head on on sunday night, we watched it all unfold.

drive safely everyone and be patient.
    Sunday mornin driving home as well. Cars seem to think there is more room to past there as it goes into three lanes for 50 metres.

Podlettte

no, not in an extra lane over taking area where the situation we witnessed was. It was before the airport straight stretch with a bend to the left at the end. White bus traveling at the speed limit with 4-5 cars immediately behind it then us about 100m or more behind the last car. first car went to over take the bus late and was still out wide when it saw the car coming the other way as they all reached the bend. The really stupid thing was the car overtaking hadn't made it beyond the back of the bus, so had no where near enough power. I saw dust so the car coming the other way must have put wheels off the road and at some point amongst it all everyone had braked enough to let the overtaker back in by a matter of metres, probably only the length of the bus though, not much in it.

the ultra stupid part of it all was I could see the car coming the other way as the one on our side pulled out to over take, so the bus was blocking their vision of the road and they shouldn't have attempted to overtake for that reason alone, let alone severe lack of power and no where near enough room due to the other 2 points

[size="1"][ 11. August 2009, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Podlettte ][/size]

Advanced Snowatcher

Golly, not good news,

Glad the husband and child arrived safely earlier in the day.

And yes stay safe peoples
    If swimmings good for your figure, explain whales to me

Donza

Current Conditions
    expandcollapse
    Started at 11/08/09 5:20pm
    UPDATED 6:24pm
    Cooma - Kosciuszko Road near Cooma airport
    Accident - Car - Fatality
    Confirmed
    Lanes closed: Both directions - All
    Impact: Significant
    RTA advice: Check signage, Use alternative route
    Other advice: Detour is via Snowy Mountains Highway, Middingbank Road and Berridale Road.
    Attending: Emergency service(s)

BrumbyJack

Yep, the ex got there just after it happened then got stuck in the traffic jam. He was supposed to be taking RedBull out for dinner for his B'day, which we have just got home from.

He said there was cars in the paddock all over the place. He said multiple vehicles, maybe 6? that's incl the ones in the scrub, not necessarily all hitting each other. He had to go back to Cooma and out to Adaminaby then along Middlingbank Rd back to Berridale. Apparently road blocks at Berridale now.

Podlettte

wow :( Hope the injuries anyone might have sustained aren't too bad :(

BrumbyJack

There is a confirmed fatality, that's a pretty bad injury.

Silverwitch

Sad to hear :(

Advanced Snowatcher

wow :( Hope the injuries anyone might have sustained aren't too bad :(
    I think Pods might have meant that those survivors who have been injured... not those who have died.
    If swimmings good for your figure, explain whales to me

Podlettte

err... gee......

I might be blonde sometimes however I meant those that had survived. Sometimes those that survive have horrendous journeys taking years to full recovery, if they ever do.

Chunky's just had an accident at Hotham as well, he will update other thread soon ..

Billy

Holy cow, accidents everywhere... not good

Silverwitch

Farty The Snowman

Shizza!

:(

on our trip home on sunday night I decided to back way off the traffic in front of me as a crazy L plater (well they had L plates on) was taking absolutely crazy risks overtaking here there and everywhere (we were all crusing at the speed limit so no excuse at all). Was so bad that a car in front of them tried to block them from overtaking and they still screamed past them.

Thankfully someone must have managed to report him to the police (or they saw him) as a highway patroller when flying past us and next thing we know they have to pulled over. I hope they took his license as if they had connected with a car comming the otherway they would have taken out more then a few cars as traffic was reasonable.

I will never understand people who are in such a hurry.

terrible news =[ 6 cars is terrible, hell 1 car is terrible

[size="1"][ 11. August 2009, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: Altheau ][/size]

Podlettte

Unfortunately if they were an L plater, there's no license to take.

The police record it as a notation on their record for when they get their P's

SA

Unfortunately if they were an L plater, there's no license to take.

The police record it as a notation on their record for when they get their P's
    huh? There's a licence that can be cancelled by the RTA.