Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wagon

Food Dryer
    Good guys sell them about $100 I would never be with out one now.
    when you make a curry, spag or what ever just make a little extra and dry it will last for a few months no worries. Make sure any meat is mince or cut up very thin and small.
    if you buy regular oats and put it in the blender, to fine it up, it becomes quick oats, just add hot water and away you go!

once its a roll up.. how do u rehydrate it?

i cant see it just melting in water..
    ~Queen of Team edribble™ ~
    www.sea2summit2011.blogspot.com

all you have to do is add boiling water and maybe cook for a little bit. Drying just takes the moisture out.
    I've also found adding some olive oil can make it closer to the real dish depending on what it was to start with. Tabasco and seet chilli are winners to add to dried food aswell.
    Turns low, skins slow

Wagon

once its a roll up.. how do u rehydrate it?

i cant see it just melting in water..

As it dries I turn it over and spread it about, so that when finished drying it, it is just like freze dried food you buy. just put it in a pot add water and rehydrate/reheat.
    it really is no problem.
    whats good is that the stuff you buy gives you 100gms a meal not really enough, but 200gms of your own dried food is more then enough. Plus you know whats in it!

Wagon

I also cook and dry rice and pasta. it rehydrates/reheats much quicker, which means less cooking, less fuel needed, lighter pack or more wine/rum

zhenjie

Pasta + meat sauce is always a favorite....

What about dessert guys. Melted chocholate and biscuit. Cant beat it for simplicity

cheesecake. Buy the packet stuff and just put it in a hole in the snow to set before you make dinner.
    That or "Impossible pudding". You can buy pudding in tins that you are meant to take out and properly cook but if you crack the lid and just float that ****er in boiling water for a while you end up with a yummy, sticky, gooey mess of a dessert. Got it's name by a friend having a massive rant about how it wouldn't work over the course of the entire trip and proclaiming that it is "impossible" about 1000 times...we proved him wrong and now make it every time he is around just for the hell of it
    Turns low, skins slow

I like Jelly for dessert, mix it out there, hack a whole in your kitchen bench, make a door and 2 hrs later.....voila!
    *insert witty comment here*

Jd...we need to do some trips together. I'll bring the cake and tequila, you bring the jelly and beer.
    Turns low, skins slow