Thread: Tech question

Intermediate Snowatcher

Hi,

I have added a snow cam to my active desktop (win XP). Would anyone know how can I get it to "refresh" automatically?

Cheers

You probably need to make your own HTML page with a reference to the image (if they let you link it), and have that refresh....

Intermediate Snowatcher

just figured it out~ now i have supertrail live cam on mine~ woohoo!! am sad.......i know~ but snow is so far away..... *sigh*

anyway, you can set up schedules in the properties~ i've set mine to refresh every hour~ apart from that u can also manual sync it~

Advanced Snowatcher

Originally posted by Skeeter:
    Hi,

I have added a snow cam to my active desktop (win XP). Would anyone know how can I get it to "refresh" automatically?

Cheers
    snowyeti is correct

create an html web page and have it link to the web cam address (or addresses).
    to get it to refresh automatically you need to insert the following html instruction in the header section of the code

META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="900; URL=file:///D:/Mark/snow/desktopsnocam.htm"

make sure you put a < at the start of the line then a > at the end of the line.
    900 is the number of seconds between each automatic refresh. 900 seconds = 15 minutes
    and of course use the address of your html file on your hard drive instead of mine.
    then set the html file as your desktop.

I do this every year and usually have 4 cams showing at once. Every few weeks I change the addresses show different cameras

the full code that i use can be found in the following text file.
    the cam address are not the current ones but what is important is the layout of the code

http://users.tpg.com.au/mr_mook/foru...ktopsnocam.txt
    there is never enough snow

Intermediate Snowatcher

Thanks. All sorted.