karen97

I traveled down to Wodonga to see Paul for some new boots, first of all he opened the shop for me on a Sunday(normally closed in the Summer).

He had a look at my foot to check pronation, supination and dorsiflexion as well as an estimate of instep height and foot width, he asked about my ability then went out the back of the shop and bought out 2 brands of boot, one a Head and the other was Atomic B Series. After a quick look at my foot in the Head, the Atomics went on and It was decided that that one was the best for me.

Paul heated the liners up to 120 degrees for 10 minutes, and with padding in just the right places and a toe cap to force the heel back into the rear of the liner, I had to wear the boots while they took shape and cooled down. So now that the liners were molded it was time to find the hot spots on my feet so they could be blown out. I was lucky enough to see Paul doing this. I found the whole process fascinating! He also made the boot a little bit more upright for me (due to large calf muscles). The whole process took about 2 hours. I can't recommend Paul's professionalism and experience enough! Some people talk about "service" in a shop, well I am of an opinion that I received world class service and I am happy to recommend Paul's Ski Shop to anyone for bootfitting(he also does great deals with skis as well ;\) ).
    I can't wait to take them for their first ski

Snowatch Owner & Snow Forecastor
    Blog Entries

yeah he's ok I spose.
    Follow the Snow! snowatch.com.au

bdenny4

Well that's service for ya - opening the shop when normally closed [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well done Paul, and well done Kaz on your new boots.

All hail Paul

*insert witty comment here*

Advanced Snowatcher

nothing worse than ill fitting boots, good stuff
    No such word as can't, I can do whatever the hell I like !!!!

Snowatch Owner & Snow Forecastor
    Blog Entries

that's keen to fly from Sydney to Albury to get boots fitted.
    Follow the Snow! snowatch.com.au

Podlettte

nice one kaz and of course the most important thing is they are boots with the fur!

Good onya Paul