Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SKINS

Totalyrottn

Originally posted by The Frog:
    I put mine over my skivvy.
    Frog we all thought The Ceo had worked through your Skivvy Issues

bdenny4

Just one more question - should I get the snow specific or just the normal ones?

there's a thread around somewhere that talks about the differences. I think the seams might be flatter on the ski ones and the fabric is slightly brushed.

Let me go searching [img]graemlins/outtahere.gif[/img]

bdenny4

Oooooh I do like a brushed fabric against bare skin [img]smile.gif[/img]

I prefer bare skin against bare skin but each to their own

Here ya go http://www.snowatch.com.au/forum/cgi...502;p=2#000025

and thought I had a sense of deja vue

Originally posted by skichic:
    actually I emailed skins and asked them about the difference between ski and sport and got this very long answer:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding Skins™ products,

To answer your question for you,

The main difference between the Sport & Snow is that the Sport has more seams going down the leg, which have been designed to wrap & support key muscle groups to reduce muscle movement & focus the direction of the muscle. The wrapping effect & specific compression also dramatically reduce muscle vibration resulting in less soft tissue damage & muscle soreness. The combination of muscle wrapping with BioAcceleration Technology™ is proven to reduce (DOMS) & accelerate recovery time.

The garments are made out of exactly the same fabric, the snow are brushed on the inside and this process makes the garment feel a little warmer against the skin. There is less muscle wrapping seams at the bottom part of the leg to avoid interference with ski boots.

Skins™ are unique in their combination of features, which work better than any single component.

The key is in Skins™ revolutionary BioAcceleration Technology™ and the features that are built into the smart fabric of all Skins™ products.

Benefits include:
    • reducing lactic acid build-up, increasing muscle oxygenation and enhancing circulation;
    • focusing muscle power;
    • drawing moisture away from the skin;
    • optimising body temperature in warm or cool conditions;
    • preventing odour through antibacterial treatments;
    • providing sun safety with 50+ UV protection.

Skins™ is body-moulded gradient compression performance equipment with built-in BioAcceleration Technology™ which will enhance your performance in training, competition and recovery.

The future of technical wear is engineered gradient compression. When compression is engineered to apply a balanced and accurate surface pressure over specific body parts, it triggers an acceleration of blood flow. This increases oxygen delivery to working muscles to enhance their performance.

The circulation improvements also help the body to eliminate lactic acid and other metabolic wastes. The combination of these effects allows you to work at a higher rate for longer.

The improved oxygenation is most marked in recovery from exercise. As a result, muscle repair is accelerated, with a greater effect if your Skins™ are worn for longer, The best effects on delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS), which can last for more than 48 hours, are seen after 8 hours during which time pain, muscle weakness and alertness are dramatically improved.

Skins™ are unique in their combination of features, which work better than any single component.
    BioAcceleration Technology™ is a term trademarked by Skins™ to refer to the benefits incorporated with engineered gradient compression.

The future of technical wear is engineered gradient compression. When compression is engineered to apply a balanced and accurate surface pressure over specific body parts, it triggers an acceleration of blood flow. This increases oxygen delivery to working muscles to enhance their performance.

The circulation improvements also help the body to eliminate lactic acid and other metabolic wastes. The combination of these effects allows you to work at a higher rate for longer.

The improved oxygenation is most marked in recovery from exercise. As a result, muscle repair is accelerated, with a greater effect if your Skins™ are worn for longer, The best effects on delayed onset muscle soreness (which can last for more than 48 hours) are seen after 8 hours during which time pain, muscle weakness and alertness are dramatically improved.

Skins™ snow tops and tights have been developed, tested and proven to help you ski harder, for longer and recover faster. The engineered gradient compression provided by Skins™ increases your performance through greater muscle support, enhanced circulation and improved body temperature optimisation.

All skiers and snowboarders will have experienced that burning sensation in their legs after a long run. Wearing Skins™ snow while you ski or snowboard will help eliminate that burn, reduce muscle fatigue and minimise muscle injury. Skins™ snow also keep your muscles warm and wick perspiration away from your skin keeping you dry and comfortable.

A second pair of Skins™ snow is beneficial to wear after the sun sets to help your body recover while you party or sleep ensuring you'll be fresh and ready to hit the hill again the next day.

I hope that this helps to answer your question for you,

hmmm I wonder if those that are having probs with wearing skins in boots have the snow ones

The garments are made out of exactly the same fabric, the snow are brushed on the inside and this process makes the garment feel a little warmer against the skin. There is less muscle wrapping seams at the bottom part of the leg to avoid interference with ski boots.

bdenny4

Thanks SC

Totalyrottn

hmmm I wonder if those that are having probs with wearing skins in boots have the snow ones

Mine are the Sports, but I am very particular about the way they sit and I wear a Very thin wool sock

Extreme Snowatcher

I noticed this part of your post also.

I use the sports ones.
    Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.

bdenny4

I think I had better go the snow ones to minimise the risk.
    Does everybody just wear the bottoms or go with the tops as well?
    Boarding in mind

just bottoms

Snowatch Patroller

legs only here too
    Whatever!

Totalyrottn

As above

TB

I got the ones skijackski recommended a while back-compression plus thermal -ex USA brand was XTC I think.

Great, warm in Utah, Ok for thredders, compression, well I think it was better-was I fitter??

bdenny4

Got me one of the snow skins and one of the normal 3/4 length ones.
    Bought them for 30% off at some sports store in Southland yesterday.
    Had to go to three or four different stores before I found any as most stores had sold out and were not replenishing stocks for a while!
    Feel weird when you first put them on - I am not used to wearing tight fitting stuff.

Extreme Snowatcher

You're now just one step way from Vinyl wear Bdenny. [img]graemlins/outtahere.gif[/img]
    How many days till it snows again?

SA

And two steps away from fishnet stockings eh Bear?

Extreme Snowatcher

I'm well past the fishnet stage. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    How many days till it snows again?

SA

We've see that youtube vid [img]tongue.gif[/img]

bdenny4

Bring back the '80's
    or was that the '70's (I was too young then)