My wife and I were told on the weekend that by our local snow shop that as for womens snowboard boots that Burton and some Dc's are the only ones that come in a womens size 10. is this true or is he just trying to get our business on these 2 brands cause i think thats all he really stocks. Also when are the 08-09 boots normally released in OZ.

On a side note what would the chance be of hiring a size 10 womens boot in Japow??? (I know those Japow folks are pretty tiny)
    Is out of the sling :WOOHOO:

loco4olas

My wife has size 10 boots and wears the Burton Rulers in that size (albeit about an 8 year old version-we're tight ****s [read not flush with cash]) and she's very happy with them.

Advanced Snowatcher

This may sem like a dumb question but if she is a womens size 10, wouldn't she be able to wear a small men's size boot?

I know with some manufacturers there is a difference in the way the boot is shaped from men to women, but there are differences even within the same sex so she may find a mens boot that looks allright and fits well too.
    there is never enough snow

He is lying to you, most likely to try and sell whatever it is he has available in stock. Forum have womens boots in a 10 and so do many other brands. I've seen many brands in womens 10.

As Old Boarder said, she can also look into trying out a Mens smaller size.

Here is an example of Forum boots in a 10.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORUM-AURA-SN...742.m153.l1262

the womens boots are much lighter and are generally a lot narrower then mens as i think thats the way most womens feet are ( narrower). thanks for your help guys
    Is out of the sling :WOOHOO:

Extreme Snowatcher

also women's boot have a tighter (groove) fit around the achilies/ankle area

women's calves are lower (i think) or something, which would make men's boots uncomfortable and not support/flex properly

etc etc
    Mad Respect