bdenny4

Need a couple of suggestions for lodge accommodation at Hotham/DP for this season.

Close to lifts or bus in case of DP
    Private Room w/ensuite
    Quite so I can sleep - no party animals

Will most probably be going quite a few 2-3 day trips by myself midweek or Sun-Wed.

Cheers

Asgaard. Great lodge, top spot.
    iBoard

BrumbyJack

Trapdoor!!! Although I've never bothered to stay anywhere else as it is so good.

Eiger Bundarra Eumerellah SCEG all great lodges with great managers.
    Everywhere in DP isclose to the bus... but fares have gone up a bit this year I think, as has resort entry in general

[size="1"][ 12.03.2009, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: tambo ][/size]
    come on, just SNOW!

bdenny4

Thanks guys,

Just need a private room for me - so lodges that charge per room with min 4 people are pretty much no good.

any of these that you suggest fall into that catagory?

Extreme Snowatcher

What are the fares tambo? Looking at options this year though I would love to get down to the Snowatch meeting in August.
    Do it the snow way!

not up on prices this year as yet, just passing on info about the lodges I have visited. Depending on when you go, it may be that you wouldn't share.
    We won't be full time at the snow this year. Unfortunately we can't work it, so it will be long weekends only for us. However, that is a HEAP better than just a week!
    come on, just SNOW!

Advanced Snowatcher

I think DP really only have the single room type accomodations.
    No such word as can't, I can do whatever the hell I like !!!!

bdenny4

Apparently I can book a room at Asterix for about $150 p/n - it's not one any of you have recommended though

May even look at Hariettville Motel @ $110/n and do the drive up & back each day

Was hoping I could get away with $100/night in private room, but its looking unlikely

also at Dinner Plain, High Plains Lodge has "motel" style rooms , but single summer rates $100, winter low season $160 and high season more....
    come on, just SNOW!

Beginner Snowatcher

if you do some research on lodge layouts. Find some that have doulbe or twin rooms. Some have a single surcharge, possibly 50%

get a brochure and look them up site by site, in their blurb they usually talk about the layout. I ve stayed in a number of them and they've all been good ( never had any issues with late night noise)