Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Volkl AC30's

Are wicked skis!!!! Demo'd them for 5 hours today, fell in love. It was like love at first sight.

Anyone else got them?

AFAIK to Volkl AC30 is very similar to 2005/06 AC3 (2006/07 version was stiffened up for obese Americans). Own it (AC3) and like it, although the Stoeckli Stormrider XL is now my everyday ski.

Yeti, looks like your Rossi B2s are to become rock skis. You are offically welcome to join Snow Gear Junkies Anonymous upon the collection of three or more skis/boards. My membership collection is listed below:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This is driving me insane! I want them so bad, hahaha they are a rocking ski.

I emailed Paul to get a price.... my problem is that if it's cheaper in AUS, then i'll rent them while I'm here, but then the cost is about the same anyway, so I don't know. We'll see..

My B2's just need a tune, some p-tex and loving. I've looked after them much as I can, but unfortunately, as you said, they turned into rock hoppers!!

Just looking at a photo me with them today

Just don't demo a Stoeckli ski. They are more addictive (and expensive) than Volkls.

ARGHHHHH This is driving me nuts!!!

I have 2006 Volkls - Allstar in 168 and AC4 in 177.

There awesome skis, they do need good technique though. Looking forward to exploring TC with the AC4's ...

I purchased mine from Larry Adler @ Collaroy, who have very competitive ski prices.

My bro rides Fischer RX8 170 and Rossi B2 174 and rips on them !!

AC40's RIP volkl carve! They were awesome to ride on Powered through the powder and crud, felt like I had a snowboard haha (not that I've tried it) ...

Podlettte

Volkl's require you to pay attention when ever you are on them, so beware the lazy days

I have the orange AC3's and love them, though am looking for another to add to the quiver as they are a little long now that i've lost so much weight.

Anyone have any AC3's in 156 for sale? I'll swap my 163's

Yeti, unless you get this years model (AC30 or AC40), which are the 2007/08 skis, be careful with buying second hand. The 2006/07 Volkls (AC3/AC4) were much stiffer than the 2005/06 or the 2007/08 skis and should be avoided unless you are an agressive skier weighing 100kg plus.

The 06/07 Volkl AC4's have a lot of good reviews, though I do agree they are stiffer then this years carbon & titantium version.

I weigh around 80 Kg and personally dont find them difficult to manage, however I'm used to stiffer skis and boots. They do take a while to adjust to initially, however its all good and I wouldnt swap them for anything.

Good point though, if you have concerns always preferable to trial first if you have the chance, especially with high end gear.

I'm convinced on the AC30's. Now have to find the dosh. Kiwi dosh that is. [img]graemlins/big_laugh.gif[/img]

Yeah I'm not 100kg+ !!!

Thanks for your advice everyone

SPent 2 days on them at Hotham a few weeks ago. They are the bomb. Had numerous people asking me about them

Demoing its older brother next week, little bit wider under foot.

I bought them, today was the 2nd day on them and they are scratched already! haha

Podlettte

top sheet or base? Don't worry about the top sheet, just protect those bases!

Base Podlettte....

It's ok, just a few from jumping rocks, they'll live [img]smile.gif[/img]

Why did you buy skis that are close to the same dimensions as your current skis?

This makes no sense to me, especially when you can easily fix any damage on the rossi's without too much drama!

Am I missing something?
    *insert witty comment here*

thats not a gap between your goggles and helemt is it yeti?
    Gaz

SA

[img]graemlins/big_laugh.gif[/img] hopey

Originally posted by John Deere:
    Why did you buy skis that are close to the same dimensions as your current skis?

This makes no sense to me, especially when you can easily fix any damage on the rossi's without too much drama!

Am I missing something?
    Thew dimentions may be similar (B2 v AC30) however, I believe tha Yeti has gone 7 cm longer with the AC30, and of course, Rossis are noodles compared to Volkls. So they will ski very differently.

Differently enough to justify the funds given Yeti's skiing ability and amount of time he has skied??

Whats the point of a quiver full of the same stuff?

[size="1"][ 11.08.2007, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: John Deere ][/size]
    *insert witty comment here*