Helga

Hi. For my birthday this year my husband is going to get me my own pair of ski boots - yay! Being from Perth, we only get one chance to ski each year and I've always had to rent boots. We are coming to Melbourne for a few days before hitting the slopes. Is that enough time to get boots and custom footbeds fitted ? Also, I've done some research and have my heart set on Atomic B90 womens boots. Does anyone know where is the best place to get these ? Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.... [img]graemlins/snow_cool.gif[/img]

Happy Birthday!

Boots are the most important purchase you will make...

Firstly i'd unset my heart about the B90... Bootfitting isn't quite like shoes, you really need to have the boot that fits your foot the best rather than the one that looks nice

A couple of days in melbourne should be plenty of time to sort some boots out... the better known fitters can be found at altitude, ajays, bumps and EMC, best to make an appointment to see any of the bootfitters at these shops.

Where are you going skiing? there is a bloke up in wodonga who has a good range of boots including the b90, that's probly only practical if you are going to falls or hotham though...
    Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer!

PLS

Boots are very important and in the past boots that I thought I would buy ended up being the furthest away from the final purchase.
    Visit any of the shops in Melbourne they are all very good and each one has a different range of brands and each brand has a shape for that may be for your foot or not. A boot fitter will look at your foot and recommend a boot for your foot shape. Try on a few pairs and only make your decision once you are happy. Footbeds can be made overnight and are very important.

Ensure that you get onto it as soon as you arive in town so you do not rush your final purchase decision.

Helga

Thanks very much for your advice. I've looked up the places your recommended, but can't find EMC ?? I'd like to go to the Wodonga place, but we would only get there on a Saturday afternoon and then head to Hotham on the Sunday, so I think that would be a bit tight...

EMC is on whitehorse road in deepdene, about 30 minutes out of the melbourne CBD...

The place in wodonga is pauls, and regardless of seeing him or someone else you should make an appointment to see a bootfitter... budget for 2 hours to get the fit right!

www.paulski.com.au

www.snow-ski.com.au
    Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer!