Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Advanced Snowatcher

Hey Spaz.. I have my two young boys up for the Vic school holidays, they go back home on Friday.. I was wanting to capture some footage of them sliding on their boards as a bit of a holiday souvenir.. I'm rather impressed with the quality of your footage taken by your snowcams and feel it's a much better idea to hire one of your cams than to take a hand held cam up with me to take some clips. I was just wondering what type of deal you do for snowatchers? I was thinking a full day of hire picking up from Jindabyne. Cheers [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Are we there yet?... Are we there yet?... Are we there yet?... Are we there yet?... Are we there yet?

karen97

I am curious too..... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Podlettte

yep me too. I think pickup would need to be in Thredbo though wouldn't it, as that's where Spaz is?

Maybe one of the local shops would act as a collection point....

Extreme Snowatcher
    Blog Entries

Normal rate is $135 for 24hours.

Snowatchers - $100 per day as many days as you want! (+$10 delivery to Jindy)
    No delivery fee in Thredbo.

I'll need to organise drop off so I'll need at least a business days notice, Payment in advance-direct debit to my account or credit card payment, credit card number will be required either way as a deposit unless you leave cash with whoever drops it off ($400).
    Return is to a specific house address in Jindy unless we organise something else.

You'll also need to fill out a hire form, which we can do via email.

[size="1"][ 07. July 2009, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: spaz ][/size]

Xena

A group of Snowatchers could chip in and hire it for a day - like on a slide weekend. They could take turns wearing it and filming each other, making it an affordable idea. Am I right Spaz?

Snowatch Owner & Snow Forecastor
    Blog Entries

As long as we get to see the stacks.
    Follow the Snow! snowatch.com.au

Advanced Snowatcher

Originally posted by The Frog:
    I better not go then
    Nobody can stop you but you. And shame on you if you're the one who stops yourself

Farty The Snowman

Originally posted by The Frog:
    What stacks, we are all pro's here [img]graemlins/cold.gif[/img]

Extreme Snowatcher
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by Xena:
    A group of Snowatchers could chip in and hire it for a day - like on a slide weekend. They could take turns wearing it and filming each other, making it an affordable idea. Am I right Spaz?
    That's right X. and it's the reason I offer 24 hr hire not just day hire like a lift ticket.

With 2 or more days I supply spare batteries and a charger. 24hrs you just get spare batteries each set last all day but you should carry the spares. They are AA's so you can always buy more if you get stuck.

karen97

Anyone want to get one for the slide weekend? I would be keen if there were enough of us to share the cost

foxpuppet

i can officially say this is well worth it, i bought mine after 2 days of hire as i was so impressed by how well it went....footage to come soon...
    and thredbo got some extra customers on sunday just because of spaz and this great little business.

but by all means get a group together...hire more than one if there are more than 4/5 as you WILL get some great stuff captured...think of having footage of everything you look at or see happen for a day without having to get a camera ready.

Extreme Snowatcher
    Blog Entries

I just need to make KT aware that I am attracting people here, yesterday I had a Victorian phone who normally skis Falls but later this season is coming to Thredbo to try out the camera.

I hope you enjoyed your foray to Thredbo foxpuppet, next time we'll get to more of the mountain.

Advanced Snowatcher

Thanks for the info Spaz.. unfortunately I didn't have the one business day to give you notice as the boys had their last day of boarding today :( However, they'll be back up in Sept for some spring boarding so I'm going to organise hire a cam off you for that trip.. maybe I'll save the money to purchase a cam outright.. that way we have it to capture our little girl's first adventure on skis in a couple of years [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Are we there yet?... Are we there yet?... Are we there yet?... Are we there yet?... Are we there yet?

Podlettte

Yes Kaz and Xena, I'd be interested in chipping in for a cam hire (at perisher of course )

Extreme Snowatcher

I'll chip in as well for a laugh.
    How many days till it snows again?

Intermediate Snowatcher

y make me aware that u're attracting people to thredbo, Spaz?

anyhoo, i'd chip in too if i'm going for the SW slide.....except i doubt if i'll make it. :(

Xena

Originally posted by Bear:
    I'll chip in as well for a laugh.
    We'll just have to get one for the house then.

Podlettte

Hey, it's 24 hours hire Xena, so it might make a trip to the pub too! [img]graemlins/big_laugh.gif[/img]

ozgirl

I will chip in for the slide

I am also paying for a half day hire as a birthday present for my sister. She is a professional camera man for the news so I will be interested to see her thoughts and will share them here.

Spaz I must send you the file I made for the voucher.

Xena

Originally posted by Podlettte:
    Hey, it's 24 hours hire Xena, so it might make a trip to the pub too! [img]graemlins/big_laugh.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/big_laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/big_laugh.gif[/img]