Falls Creek Representative

The BOM is stating there will be a cold and vigorous southwesterly airflow over Victoria today.

It was minus 5.6C overnight at Falls Creek and today's fresh snow will be extremely dry.

As we start the very last week of the 2009 season it will be as good (the snow quality) as it was in July. Who would have predicted a blizzard and powder snow for the last week of the winter?

It started snowing on Friday night Falls Creek and it is forecast to keep snowing until Monday, then snow again on Friday and Saturday.

With a feel like temperature of minus 12C at 6am just imagine how good the snow-covered slopes at Victoria's largest alpine resort will be today?

There was more fresh stuff overnight - so get out there and make the most of the last 7 days of winter.

Whilst the Cats won by a whisker Falls Creek is offering all footy tragics (including the Saints who were gallant in defeat) half price lift tickets today if they wear their footy colours.
    It is also half price to bring a vehicle to the alpine resort.

Advanced Snowatcher

Originally posted by Falls Creek Rep:
    Who would have predicted a blizzard and powder snow for the last week of the winter?

the frog
    No such word as can't, I can do whatever the hell I like !!!!

Podlettte

Yep, it's exciting Falls rep especially since frog, and a few others had this one picked

more coming tomorrow and later in the week too

Snowatch Owner & Snow Forecastor
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by Crystal:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Falls Creek Rep:
    Who would have predicted a blizzard and powder snow for the last week of the winter?

the frog </font>[/QUOTE]
    Updated 11:25pm 20/04/09. First Outlook Forecast for 2009)
    We haven't had a decent snowfall in September since 2003 with 2004-2008 seeing the snow depth fall away quickly after mid-August. 2009 should see atleast a couple of snowfalls with one likely to be moderate to heavy which should see runs off the man made areas open til the seasons end - the best September since 2003.
    Follow the Snow! snowatch.com.au

snowatch.com.au - simply the best thing since sliced bread [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Let\'s dance to joy division

Snowatch Owner & Snow Forecastor
    Blog Entries

we won't mention the August forecast though. [img]graemlins/cold.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/outtahere.gif[/img]
    Follow the Snow! snowatch.com.au

Podlettte

You were right, there was moisture and it was big and you said you weren't sure if it'd come off, or rather "if it comes off" it just went the other way, hard system to call!

Thanks Frog, can you arrange for a few more big falls when I get down there next year?
    I drink, therefore I am. Ummmm?